We created Amenitiz because we believe technology is the key to making success and profitability accessible to every hotelier in the world - whether they are in the heart of Paris or the Uyuni Salt Flats in Bolivia.
Our vision is to bring knowledge and innovation to every hotelier in the world, helping them focus on what matters most: their guest.
We’ve built an all-in-one platform that provides our customers with everything they need to attract guests, handle bookings and craft exceptional guest experiences in a simple and easy way. Our features in one centralized tool, plus a world-class customer support team to serve our customers in their native language, make them love us. Starting 2022 with +120 team members and growing up to 350 by the end of the year, we are committed to building a world-class team in Barcelona by recruiting diverse and passionate talents who want to work as a team and have an impact.
Backed by some of Europe’s leading investors, Amenitiz is one of the fastest-growing companies in the Hospitech world. Over 4'000 properties all over the globe are using Amenitiz daily to develop their business, and we’re looking forward to helping 10'000 by the end of 2022.
About the role
Are you a Platform Engineer with extensive experience programming the tools that your colleges use to increase their delivery performance? Have you built a web application infrastructure in the cloud? Do you embrace the KISS principle? Have you ever worked with Heroku? Do you particularly enjoy working with amazing people and building something impacting? If so, let’s talk!
We’re not looking for experts. We’re looking for smart people who can bring in the knowledge and the best processes to get things done.
What you will be doing
You will be responsible for keeping all user-facing services and production systems running smoothly.
At Amenitiz, we are customer-centric, you will be directly involved in making decisions related to the infrastructure by evaluating simplicity in design and overcoming technical limitations and procedures. Working on a day-to-day basis with our product team, you will promote engineering best practices in the team, by making monitoring, seamless integration, and automated deployment their mantra.
You will join a team that is a blend of pragmatic operators and software craftspeople that apply best engineering practices, operational discipline, and mature automation to our environments and the Amenitiz codebase.
This position involves:
- Participate in maintaining and improving the platform.
- Contribute to the infrastructure evolutions to eliminate single points of failure, bringing high availability.
- Automate every aspect of infrastructure deployment and observability, defining Infrastructure As Code.
- Collaborate closely with other teams to design, plan and implement service-specific infrastructure and reliability needs.
- Be on PagerDuty rotation to respond to Amenitiz availability (daylight schedule with other teammates).
- Document every action, so your findings turn into reproducible and automatable actions.
- Improve our deployment process to make it smoother as possible.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in Heroku and scaling web applications.
- Experience in monitoring and alerting web applications.
- Focus on finding the simplest solution that can be iterated.
- Have strong programming skills - Ruby, Python and/or Go.
- Can deliver quickly and iterate fast.
- Eager to learn new technologies and frameworks.
- Proactive, driven, entrepreneurial with a 'can-do' attitude.
- Strong communication skills.
Bonus points for:
- Worked in a fast-growing startup environment.
- Experience in the hospitality industry.
- Experience on other cloud providers like AWS and GCP.
- Heroku, Digital Ocean, AWS, Cloudflare
- Github Actions
- HAproxy, Let’s Encrypt
- New Relic, PagerDuty, UptimeRobot (realtime status)
- Postgres, Redis, Memcached, AWS OpenSearch, S3
- Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq
You can decide if you prefer to work 100% remote (Spain timezone +/- 1) or go to our main HQ office in Barcelona (our offices are in the heart of the city, near Plaza Cataluña)
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary and access to our employee stock option plan (depending on your profile).
- On-call compensation scheme (bonus + time)
- Flexibility to work from home part of the week or full-remote
- 23 working days of holidays
- Training budget
- Recurrent internal training
- Team building events
- The opportunity to join the team where we are deciding the bases to scale a fast-growing business.
- An amazing working environment, where you will be able to make a true contribution and make an impact. Amenitiz is one of the hottest start-ups in Barcelona, according to WIRED