This job can be 100% remote or based in our HQ in the sunny Barcelona
We created Amenitiz because we believe technology is the key to making success and profitability accessible to every hotelier in the world - whether they are in the heart of Paris or the Uyuni Salt Flats in Bolivia.
Our vision is to bring knowledge and innovation to every hotelier in the world, helping them focus on what matters most: their guest.
We’ve built an all-in-one platform that provides our customers with everything they need to attract guests, handle bookings and craft exceptional guest experiences in a simple and easy way. Our features in one centralized tool, plus a world-class customer support team to serve our customers in their native language, make them love us. Starting 2022 with +120 team members and growing up to 350 by the end of the year, we are committed to building a world-class team in Barcelona by recruiting diverse and passionate talents who want to work as a team and have an impact.
Backed by some of Europe’s leading investors, Amenitiz is one of the fastest-growing companies in the Hospitech world. Over 4'000 properties all over the globe are using Amenitiz daily to develop their business, and we’re looking forward to helping 10'000 by the end of 2022.
As Senior Engineer, this position involves:
- Product development in Ruby/Rails and Go of a hospitality-related web-based product.
- Integrations between our platform to 3rd party APIs.
- Work in an Agile environment with strong attention to scalability (We are serving hundreds of thousands of unique visitors per month through our platform).
- Design, question, challenge and implement technical solutions to product needs alongside the Product and Design Teams.
- Being able to mentor, coach, and train other colleagues as a domain expert.
- Identify bottlenecks and propose solutions.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years+ experience in web development using Ruby
- Experience designing and implementing distributed systems using cloud technologies like AWS
- Pragmatism and obsession with simplicity, efficiency, and performance
- Strongly oriented to quality and testing
- Eager to learn new technologies and frameworks
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive, driven, and entrepreneurial with a 'can do’ attitude
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge in architecture at scale, resilient and highly available
- Knowledge in one or more of NoSQL technologies (CouchBase, ElasticSearch, Redis), Queueing system (Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, MSMQ)
- Professional experience with Go
- Worked in a fast-growing startup environment
- Experience in the hospitality industry
- Ruby on Rails
- Postgres and Redis
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary and access to our employee stock option plan
- An amazing working environment, where you will be able to make a true contribution and get your voice heard.
- One of the hottest start-ups in Barcelona, according to WIRED https://www.wired.co.uk/articl...
- The opportunity to have a huge impact on developing a fast-growing business that is at a pivotal point in its growth to expand internationally.
- The team is growing fast and we offer plenty of career and development opportunities.
- Team buildings activities every 2 months and team lunch every month
- Flexibility to work from home or full-remote, we do even accept you on-site :)
- Alan private health insurance
- Positive impact on the world: https://noos.global/en